Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Scanner! Woohoo! :-)

So I haven't been able to write for several reasons... the main one being that I've stayed extremely busy with class work and work-work. I plan to make up for this by posting a couple more blogs this week... fingers crossed. :P

I have wonderful, and relatively technology-related news: I got a new scanner! You see, one of my most essential job functions is the coordination and management of professors' traditional and online reserves at Morehead State University. So, having a scanner is kind of nifty since I have tons... I repeat... TONS of reserves to place online at the beginning of each semester. This particular scanner, the Fujitsu ScanSnap 550, I believe... is really pretty cool, I think. It is a duplex scanner, which means it scans both sides of the page (in color, 18 ppm) with just one swipe through the scanner. It also scans directly into Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and e-mail documents (in addition to the basic PDF format). I was blown away! I love it. I'm like a kid at Christmas. When next semester begins... I will be ready! :-) Sometimes, I heart technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment